The University of Florida Hematology/Oncology Fellowship Program strives to provide a safe and fertile environment for junior trainees to personally and professionally develop in their roles as Board Certified Hematology & Oncology sub-specialists. Through role modelling excellence in clinical care, education, discovery and service, we aspire to attain many goals.
- To develop humanistic, skilled, intellectually disciplined medical professionals who are committed to the highest ideals and standards of the profession and who model an exceptional standard of care for those they treat, lead, and serve.
- To educate and inspire the next generation of leaders in healthcare, biomedical sciences, health services research, and academic medicine to seek, provide and sustain unparalleled achievements in service, teaching and research.
- To provide comprehensive, patient-centered, culturally sensitive, compassionate, and innovative healthcare to citizens of Florida and our nation.
- To develop and utilize innovative models of interdisciplinary healthcare delivery that optimizes safety, service, outcomes and resource use.
- To foster collaboration and research in the development of innovative and personalized therapeutics for patients with cancer and blood disorders.
- To improve our understanding of human health and disease through groundbreaking research and to translate these discoveries into new solutions that improve health outcomes and quality of care.
- To recruit, develop and nurture a diverse and academically outstanding community of fellows, faculty and staff, who each contribute to excellence in our missions.
- To promote sustained, robust professional and personal growth, productivity, accountability, integrity, collaboration, and synergy of fellow, faculty and staff.