Nam H. Dang, MD, PhD
PO Box 100278
Gainesville, FL 32610-0278
Dr. Nam H. Dang is a board certified medical oncologist with expertise in the study and treatment of lymphoma and chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL). He is Professor and Deputy Chief of the Division of Hematology & Oncology as well as Director of the University of Florida Shands Cancer Center Clinical Trials Office.
|MD||Harvard Medical School||Medicine|
|Residency||Massachusettes General Hospital||Internal Medicine|
|Fellowship||Dana-Farder Cancer Institute||Medical Oncology|
Dr Dang’s primary research effort emphasizes the development of novel treatment strategies for patients with lymphoma/CLL through the identification of new targets and the utilization of novel targeted therapies. To achieve this aim, he has conducted multiple clinical trials and is active in laboratory research with the goal of translating laboratory findings to the clinical setting for the ultimate benefit of the patient.
Diagnosis and Treatment of Lymphoma and Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL)
- Dang NH, Hagemeister FB, Pro B, McLaughlin P, Romaguera JE, Jones D, Samuels B, Samaniego F, Younes A, Wang M, Goy A, Rodriguez MA, Walker PL, Arredondo Y, Tong AT, and Fayad L. Phase II study of denileukin diftitox for relapsed/refractory B-cell non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma. Journal of Clinical Oncology 22:4095-4102, 2004.
- Yamochi T, Yamochi T, Aytac U, Sato T, Sato K, Ohnuma K, McKee KS, Morimoto C, and Dang NH. Regulation of p38 phosphorylation and topoisomerase II alpha expression in the B-cell lymphoma line Jiyoye by CD26/dipeptidyl peptidase IV is associated with enhanced in vitro and in vivo sensitivity to doxorubicin. Cancer Research 65:1973-1983, 2005.
- Sato T, Yamochi T, Yamochi T, Aytac U, Ohnuma K, McKee KS, Morimoto C, and Dang NH. CD26 regulates p38 MAPK-dependent phosphorylation of integrin beta1, adhesion to extracellular matrix and tumorigenicity of T-anaplastic large cell lymphoma Karpas 299. Cancer Research 65:6950-6956, 2005.
- Dang NH, Pro B, Hagemeister FB, Samaniego F, Jones D, Samuels BI, Rodriguez MA, Goy A, Romaguera JE, McLaughlin P, Tong AT, Turturro F, Walker PL, and Fayad L. Phase II trial of denileukin diftitox for relapsed/refractory T-cell non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma. British Journal of Haematology 136:439-447, 2007.
- Dang NH, Fayad L, McLaughlin P, Romaguera JE, Hagemeister F, Goy A, Neelapu S,Samaniego F, Walker PL, Wang M, Rodriguez MA, Tong AT, and Pro B. Phase II trial of the combination of denileukin diftitox and rituximab for relapsed/refractory B-cell non- Hodgkin’s lymphoma. British Journal of Haematology 138:502-505, 2007
- Havre PA, Abe M, Urasaki Y, Ohnuma K, Morimoto C, and Dang NH. CD26 expression on T cell lines increases SDF-1-alpha-mediated invasion. Br J Cancer. 2009 Sep 15; 101(6):983-91. Epub 2009 Aug 4. (PMID: 19654580).
Please click here for a list of Dr. Dang’s industry relationships.