Hiral Parekh, MD, MPH
Dr. Parekh is a clinical investigator with a focus on gastrointestinal cancers. She is an active member of the UF Health Cancer Center’s GI Oncology Program and is board certified in Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology and Hematology. She is a member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology. Dr. Parekh is actively involved in the development and conduct of clinical trials aimed to bring new therapies to patients with digestive cancers and rapidly accelerate the use of personalized oncology treatments.
|Medical School||Government Medical College Surat, Gujarat, India|
|Graduate School||East Tennessee State University||Public Health|
|Residency||Oklahoma University Health Sciences Center||Internal Medicine|
|Fellowship||Oklahoma University Health Sciences Center||Hematology Oncology|
|Residency||Cleveland Clinic Taussig Cancer Institute||Experimental Therapeutics|
- Retrospective review of implication of the integration of early palliative care in the management of metastatic non-small cell lung carcinoma in a single institution.
- Protocol, final phase of editing and resubmission– A phase II study of neoadjuvant chemoradiation plus pembrolizumab followed by consolidation pembrolizumab in resectable stage 3A non-small cell lung cancer.
- Best poster award at Stewart Wolf conference in 2011
- Poster Title – Hypokalemic Periodic Paralysis
- Best Resident student teacher Award (2010)
- First position in Inter-medical college Quiz competition (01/26/2002)
- Parekh H; Rini BI. Emerging therapeutic approaches in renal cell carcinoma. Expert Rev Anticancer Ther. 2015 Sep 17:1-10.
- Parekh H, Reese J, George J. Bone marrow necrosis discovered in a patient with suspected thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura. Am J Hematol. 2014 Sep 5. doi: 10.1002/ajh.23840.
- Bose P; Parekh H; Greenfield, R; Case Series fusariosis occurring in the setting of posaconazole prophylaxis; J Clin Microbiol. 2011 Apr;49(4):1674-5. Epub 2011 Jan 26.
- Wayangankar S; Parekh H; Lazzara R. Cytarabine induced bradycardia in a patient with AML; J Cardiovasc Med (Hagerstown). Dec 2, 2010.
- Wayangankar S, Parekh H, Jones K. Multiple Organ Dysfunction syndrome secondary to micrometastatic Adenocarcinoma of prostate – A case report. Journal of Clinical Oncology, October 2010.