Hemant S. Murthy, MD
|Medical School||St. George’s University School of Medicine, Grenada, West Indies|
|Residency||SUNY-Downstate Medical Center||Internal Medicine|
|Fellowship||Virginia Commonwealth University Health Systems||Hospice and Palliative Medicine|
|Fellowship||East Carolina University – Brody School of Medicine||Hematology/Oncology|
|Fellowship||H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center||Bone and Marrow Transplantation|
- Internal Medicine
- Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- Medical Oncology
- Top Fellow Clinical Science Abstract, Moffitt Scientific Symposium – May 2016
- VCU Department of Medicine, Resident/Fellow Scholarship – February 2012
- AAHPM HPNA Annual Assembly, Palliative Medicine Access Fund Scholarship – January 2012
- Editorial board membership
- Annals of Hematology and Oncology – December 2015-Present
- Professional Society Memberships
- American College of Physicians
- American Association of Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- American Society of Hematology
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- American Society of Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Manuscript reviewer
- Annals of Internal Medicine, 2012-present
- Value in Health, 2015- present
- Hematology/Oncology and Stem Cell Therapy, 2016-present
Peer Reviewed Publications:
- Murthy HS, Anasetti C, Ayala E Leukemic and lymphomatous meningitis: The available evidence for effective diagnosis and management Moffitt Cancer Control (in press- pub date Oct 2016)
- Murthy HS, Wood WA. The Value of Patient Reported Outcomes and Other Patient-Generated Health Data in Clinical Hematology. Curr Hematol Malig Rep. 2015 Jun 4. PubMed PMID: 26040262.
- Murthy, HS and Kharfan-Dabaja, MA, Autologous Stem Cell Transplantation, In: Handbook on Hematologic Malignancies (D. Sallman, A. Chaudhury, J. Nguyen, L. Zhang, A. List ed,) pp 309-316, Demos Publishing (2016).
- Murthy, HS, Nishihori, T and Kharfan-Dabaja, MA, Allogeneic Hematopoetic Cell Transplantation, In: Handbook on Hematologic Malignancies (D. Sallman, A. Chaudhury, J. Nguyen, L. Zhang, A. List ed,) pp 318-328, Demos Publishing (2016).
Non Peer-reviewed Publications:
- Murthy HS, Wood WA. State of the science: High-Priority Transplant Trials for Non-Malignant Disease. HemeOnc Today, April 25, 2015.
- Murthy HS, Wood WA. State of the science: High-Priority Transplant Trials for Lymphoma. HemeOnc Today, December 10, 2014.